Tip of the Week
Below are some quick tips that help me, in hopes that some may help you too.
Pick a tip and try it for 1 day, or perhaps, 1 week. A fun idea is to print this onto card stock and draw a card each day or week.
When you try the pain management tip, notice:
- Does your outlook change a little?
- Do you feel more self-compassion or more frustration?
- Does your attitude towards and beliefs about pain change for a moment?
- Do the sensations of pain change for a moment or longer?
- Are you able to feel some calmness, happiness, or sense of control, even if for 2 minutes?
My favorite is telling myself, "I am here for you." I take one solid minute to feel the effects. It's like taking a bath in self-compassion. The one I need to work on is definitely taking a nap when I need to, or at least taking a mini break.
I'd love to hear which ones you liked!
Look into the mirror and repeat this first to yourself, then aloud. Notice the difference. It is one thing to say affirmations, and another to feel them. Really feel this affirmation. If you have trouble feeling it, try placing your hand on your heart or your solar plexus and repeat the words.